Monday, November 17, 2008

The Last Time I Was Me

This is the second book I've read by Cathy Lamb in as many weeks. She's just really fun. She has a very casual style of writing that appeals although, as I mentioned before, can make the story seem a little unorganized or something. This was exactly what I'd expect as a second novel from the author of the fabulously fun Julia's Chocolates.

My one complaint is that the main character's issue is "anger management," which wasn't quite as relevant-feeling to me as the first. It seemed more...frivolous, in a way. And the storyline was a little bit more far-fetched. But the issues and the sad and tough parts of life addressed in the story were handled with grace and a great attitude, with plenty of life laughter. I really like this author, but I like her first book even more than this one.

No comments: