Saturday, November 8, 2008

Julia's Chocolates

This is my new favorite book. It's by Cathy Lamb, and it is just about perfect. It's sweet and hopeful, hilarious and real. It's about a group of women you will love, laugh and cry with, and not want to leave at the end of the book--or at least, that's how I feel about them.

It's interesting that this author took so many serious subjects--abuse, unhappy marriages, bad health, emotional difficulties, feminism and finding your true self--and turned it into such a beautiful and lovely book. I can't wait to read her next!

My only criticism might be that at the beginning I was a little distracted by the flow of the language. It was sort of...messy, although not technically wrong or anything. But as I got caught up in the story and with the characters, I liked it more and more, so keep that in mind if you have any trouble at the beginning. Now go read it!

No comments: