Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stardust

This is my latest finished Neil Gaiman book, although it was written before the last two I read. So, while it was amazing and delightful and a smashing good read and the best adult fairy tale I've come across, I found I could tell his writing has gotten more sophisticated in American Gods and Anansi Boys. Or maybe he just decided to take on a more sophisticated storyline, or something. What I mean is that the story this time was less unpredictable. But still, calling Neil Gaiman predictable is like calling Ernest Hemingway flowery, so yeah.

And I can't wait to see the movie. And it was wonderful.

Also of note, this one took less mental power to read. I didn't have to pay as much attention or draw as much on my outside knowledge as I did for the other two I'd read, if that makes sense. This is neither criticism or praise, just a straight-up fact that it's a fairly easy read.

Cheers! Neil Gaiman, WRITE MORE BOOKS NOW SO I CAN READ THEM!!

No comments: