Monday, July 21, 2008

Remember Me?

This is Sophie Kinsella'as latest book, so yes, Mom, it is incredibly self-absorbed and you probably wouldn't like it. I really couldn't stand her "Shopaholic" series because of that aspect, and the general stupidity of the character (why, why, WHY would you bankrupt yourself for 500 pairs of shoes? Argh!), but I liked Can You Keep a Secret and The Undomestic Goddess (her non-series books) okay. Like this book, they're just very light, completely easy reads. No crazy drama, no stirring of emotions, definitely would be qualified as "chick lit" even though I hate the idea of that category.

So. It's about a girl who has an accident and can't remember the last 3 years of her life, in which she's had huge changes in her life that she doesn't understand. But. It's anything but deep. And I think it took me...two hours? to read. It was fun but nothing particularly special--just what I was looking for after the difficulty I had sticking with Songs Without Words. Definitely recommended for those who want to read and be entertained without having to use much energy or brainpower to do it.

No comments: