Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hello again

WHAT?

ANOTHER blog?

But, Susan, don't you already have one blog about your family life and another about your diabetic life?

Well, yes. But...my family and my diabetes are two very important parts of my life, and I realized there was a third part that was missing from my personal blog world.

Thus, a BOOK BLOG!

Herein, I will be letting you know what I'm reading and what I think about it. I hope to share a little something about every single book that I read during 2008...and then who knows what.

Oh, except I'm not going to bother to review every kid's book. Just some of the ones I really like. Don't worry, it'll be mostly grown-up stuff. And, just for the record, I would LOVE recommendations.

The first book I finished in 2008 is called Mothering the New Mother, by Sally Placksin...but I'm going to tell you what I think of that later. First I have to catch up on my blogging! Here is a random list of some other books I'm reading/I've recently checked out from the library:

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver (wonderful Christmas gift from my book-loving cousin, Margaret)
Birth: the surprising history of how we are born, Tina Cassidy (so far, not very surprising)
Writing Down the Bones, Natalie Goldberg
Last Child in the Woods, Richard Louv
Mystique and The River Knows, Amanda Quick (my fascination with the cheesy deliciousness of AQ Victorian romance novels has survived through the New Year, apparently)
Upon the Midnight Clear, Sherrilyn Kenyon (no excuse for this one)
Raising Cain, Dan Kindlon and Michael Thompson
Bear Snores On, Karma Wilson (for the kiddo and me)

Onward ho, book lovers!

1 comment:

rach cortest said...

Susan,

Thanks for the titles of the mothering books. I will buy one for Marisa for her shower. Also i certainly know that I would like the Raising Cain book...too well do I know about boys. love,rachel