Saturday, June 14, 2008

This doesn't even count, but...

I read teeny-tiny pieces of Nora Ephron's "I feel bad about my neck" and Paula Spencer's "Momfidence." Both were just not capturing my interest. I liked part of Ms. Spencer's message, that YOU should be your child's parent and not just mindlessly listen to advice books and such, but she comes off sort of bitter and also as AGAINST reading the books, which I think might be helpful to those who can then think critically about their messages. Also not a mother I could identify with. And I think I thought Nora Ephron was someone else, because her little stories were just too vain for me--apparently post-menopausal women only think about purses and neck flaps, or at least that's what they think of first, according to this author. Sigh.

No comments: