Friday, May 1, 2009

Fairest

This book is by Gail Carson Levine, the author of Ella Enchanted. I really enjoyed both that book and the movie adaptation (although of course the movie is very different from the book), so I picked up Fairest on my way through the YA section. Seems like I've been going there a lot lately. Something about books that are easy to read but still fun and interesting and not over quite as fast as, say, a Bruce Coville, although of course I do love him too.

Anyway. Fairest. It was good but I didn't enjoy it as much as Ella Enchanted. I definitely enjoy this author's take on feminist issues and being your own person, being true to yourself and loving the skin you're in and so on and so forth. I think these are great books for a teenager's bookshelf...and pretty good for mine too!

No comments: