Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Last Summer (of you and me)

This book also took me less than two hours to read, start to finish. It's a grown-up book by Ann Brashares, the author of the famous Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It's about two sisters and their boy-best-friend, and the point in time when they are all poised to figure out how to grow up together.

I have to say I really enjoyed the flow of words. I really cared about the characters. It was a good book, although not a fluffy book like Pants. It was a little bit sad. But most of all, it was also very predictable. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just that sometimes I crave writing that defies the standard plot or structure, something different, and that, this was not.

Again, I enjoyed it. It was a quick, easy, and lovely read. But please don't tell me you're surprised at any of the "revelations." Thanks.

No comments: