Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Diana Gabaldon. One of my favorite authors, ever. This is the last published in my favorite series of all time, known as the Outlander series, about a woman named Claire who accidentally time-travels from her life in World War II England to the Scottish Highlands in the 1740s.

I won’t say more about the characters because I don’t want to give anything away, but also because it’s incredibly complex. However, this particular book is about some characters who’ve ended up in North Carolina in the 1770s. So much fun! So engrossing! So dramatic! So emotionally involving!

I’ve read this book before, obviously, but I wanted to read it again because the next in the series is coming out this fall, I believe. Let me just finish by saying READ IT! Unless you don’t want anything bad to ever happen to your favorite characters, because lots of bad things happen to Claire et al. But I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

Also, it’s a 900+ page book and I read it in three days. And it wasn’t the first time I read it. IT’S THAT GOOD.

No comments: