Saturday, April 18, 2009

Voyage of the Dawn Treader; The Silver Chair; Plum Spooky; Talk Nerdy to Me

The last couple of weeks have been such a blur. I'm working on getting an insulin pump and we just pretty much bought a house! (You know, the part where we're "under contract" now has happened, but not closing.) And then there was the Easter traveling to Ben's dad's house that made me feel like I lost about a WEEK...yeesh. So I really have no idea what books I've skipped reviewing. I have been reading a lot, but luckily I've read halfway through a lot of books and not yet finished them so hopefully I can still find time to review them someday. In the meantime, here are four books that I know I didn't get around to reviewing but which really, honestly, don't need their own reviews.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair (C.S. Lewis). Decent. Part of the famous and fun Chronicles of Narnia series.

Plum Spooky (Janet Evanovich) Very fluffy. I'm not a big fan of the "offshoots" of the Stephanie Plum series. The normal series books are numbered (One for the Money, Two for the Dough...) and then the "offshoots" or whatever you might call them all have "Plum" in the title. But they don't talk about the regular characters that much or at least they're very unsatisfying to me. It's not horrible writing or anything, just not very interesting, too tangential for my tastes. Also, I think the series might have come up against a tough place for her to move on with it. But eh.

Talk Nerdy to Me (Vicky Lewis Thompson) This was absolutely godawful. The writing was pretty much the cheesiest thing I'd ever seen, and just wow. But luckily, it was just a fluffy romance so it wasn't scarring or anything. I wouldn't recommend it but I couldn't resist picking it up because it had a great title. And it's not a book that made me feel violated either. It was just superDUPER cheesy and scripted and...yeah.

No comments: